Digital Media Nusantara Sdn. Bhd. and its affiliates (“Company”), as a data user is committed to protect your personal data when you use our website, theaseanpost.com (“Website”) and the personal data that we have collected from you may be used and will be kept confidential. In order to protect your personal data, we have established this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (Act 709 of the Laws of Malaysia) and the rules and regulations prescribed thereunder from time to time (collectively, “the Act”). This Privacy Notice describes how we handle your personal data for our services on our website.
1. YOUR CONSENT
By using our website, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by or on behalf of the Company in the provisions of our services. The term “processing” shall have the meaning as prescribed in the Act.
2. COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may collect and store the following personal data from you and such personal data shall have the meaning as prescribed in the Act:
- email address, physical contact information, the date of birth and gender information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our Website, and correspondences sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to the Company, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily unless where it is indicated as mandatory. Where the personal data is mandatory to be provided, failure to provide such information may result in Company not being able to process your request.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalise our services, content and advertising. If you don’t wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad-customisation programmes, simply indicate your preferences in our Website or by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
3. PURPOSE OF PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use and process your personal data for the purposes relating to our services and any matter in connection thereto, which shall include but not limited to the following:-
- to process your subscription, to deliver the subscriptions to you and to communicate with you for this purpose;
- process your registration as user of the Website, to provide you the benefits offered to registered users of the Website and to communicate with you for this purpose;
- to process your registration to participate in an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
- to process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
- to provide the services and customer support you request;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, and to improve our services; and
- to resolve disputes, collect fees (if applicable) and troubleshoot problems;
4. SOURCES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the personal data you provide to us directly, we may collect or obtain your personal data from other sources such as:-
- when you subscribe to publications and when you purchase advertising space or artwork;
- when you sign up to receive our email alerts, newsletters, updates and mailers;
- from publicly available sources,
- when you enter contests organized by us,
- from corporations under the Company; or
- by using the Website and from cookies used on the Website.
5. RIGHT OF ACCESS
Subject to any exceptions under the applicable laws, you may at any time request for access to and for correction of your personal data kept by us and contact us with any inquiry or complaint in respect of your personal data at
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data shall be kept confidential by us but the Company may disclose your personal data to the following parties, whether within or outside Malaysia, for the purposes as stated in Section 3 stated above:
- delivery agents;
- service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers;
- our professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors and
- other entities within the Company; and
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and
Our information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions outside of Malaysia. This may include, but not limited to, instances where your personal data may be stored on servers located outside Malaysia. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to entities located outside Malaysia. Please note that these foreign entities may be established in countries that might not offer a level of data protection that is equivalent to that offered in Malaysia under the laws of Malaysia. You hereby expressly consent to us transferring your personal data outside of Malaysia for such purposes. We shall endeavour to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to procure that all such third parties outside of Malaysia shall not use your personal data other than for that part of the purposes as set out in Section 3 herein and to adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
7. RIGHT TO LIMIT PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may notify us in writing or by way of email to withdraw your consent to or limit the processing of your personal data including the extent of the personal data and/or
the purposes for which it is being processed in accordance with Section 5 above and we shall upon receiving your written notice cease or limit the processing of the personal data accordingly.
All personal data shall be provided by you voluntarily but however if you do not provide or consent to us processing your personal data, you may not be able to use our website.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We shall take appropriate measures to protect your personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction when processing your personal data.
We shall not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or interception or loss of personal data that is beyond our reasonable control.
If any part of the Website links you to other websites which are not controlled and/or affiliated to us, those websites do not operate under this Privacy Notice and we do not accept any responsibility or liability arising from those websites. We suggest you read and understand those websites’ privacy notice/policy before you provide your personal data to those websites.
9. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We shall not retain your personal data longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes as described in Section 3 above. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is destroyed or permanently deleted if it is no longer required for the purpose for which it was to be processed.
10. DATA INTEGRITY
Personal data supplied by you to us shall be accurate, complete, and not misleading. You shall notify us in writing any changes to the personal data supplied by you to us to ensure the personal data is kept up-to- date.
11. THIRD PARTY
We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavour to do so.
12. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE
We hereby reserve the right to modify and change this Privacy Notice as and when required. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be published on our Website. You should check this Privacy Notice each time you access to our Website so as to be aware of the most recent applicable version of the Privacy Notice.